How do I create Data trending chart?
Trending charts show data trend over time. This can increase the understanding of the real performance of the sample.
Our LSM offers a Data trending chart that monitors the quality check for a sample.
The chart shows the data points with min-max representation.
Create Data trending charts
Go to LSM–>Home–>Data trending and click on ‘Add a new Chart’
A pop-up box will appear where will have to select one by one the Test, Parameter & Sample type.
The chart will appear as below.
- The tile of the chart represents the TEST name, Parameters & the Sample type.
- In the chart the Y-axis represent results values which are automatically created from the range defined for tests under result parameter (see step 2).
- The X-axis represents the date and time of creation on the results.
- The chart can be chosen to represent values from either last two weeks to last year.
- You can download the graph as a PNG image by clicking the download sign .
- The red lines represent the minimum and maximum of the values.
- Min is the minimum value of a function in a graph with a vertex at the lowest point.
- Max is the maximum value of a function in a graph with a vertex at the highest point.
To create a chart you need to follow certain steps, which are described below.
Step 1. Creating Parameter
Go to LSM–>Admin–>Preferences->Parameters. Click on Add parameters.
(You can also click the link to see in details on how to add Parameters)
You can add the parameters as required.
Remember to put the “level” as Test and “data Type” as Numeric.
Step 2. Creating Tests & Sample type
Go to LSM–>Admin–>Preferences–>Tests. Click on Add Test.
(You can also click the link to see in details on how to add tests)
Add the details as required.
Create the result parameter.
You can find the parameter that you created in step 1, define a range (This will also be the range of the Y-axis in data trending graph) and click on the + sign to insert the result parameter.
Save the test.
Step 3. Creating a Job
Go to LSM–>Job–>Add Job.
Fill the required fields. Set the order to “Job”, select the samples received “Yes”. After that click on “Add Row”. Add the Sample, type and the tests and then click on “Save”.
After saving the job will appear in the job list.
After this, Click on the “Options” at the Job level and select ‘Open’. A pop-up will open with the job details. Under the Sample click on the test name.
When you click on the test name the below pop-up will appear. Click on “Save & Start” to start the test.
Once you “Save & Start” the job status will move from ‘Assigned’ to ‘Started’. You can fill the measurements that you want to fill in results tab example like below image.
Under the Result Parameter add the ‘Value’ obtained during the test. after finishing you either choose save or save and complete to finish the test.
Once the steps are complete you can create the chart as mentioned above.