ELN page content. What’s inside?
For description and content of main page, you have to use the ELN text editor.
1. Import your text. If you want to insert text from another text editor, our advice is to use these different paste buttons
2. Text formatting (bold, italic,…)
3. Text formatting (styles, size, color…)
4. Search and proofreading
5. Special characters, tables
6. Link and anchor
7. Image insert
If you want to insert pictures, our advice is to use one of the applets: photoeditor, add an image and the link to LC Photobank.
If you want to modify an image before insert it, you have to use photoeditor applet. So you can add legends, text box, arrows… With this applet you can also directly take a picture and insert it in your ELN page.
The stickers can be managed through ADMIN > Template > Manage image stickers. You can unselect or select default stickers or add your own images.
You can also use our new easy and simple application, ELNDocSend, to scan paper notes and send to your ELN.
If users need to import tables, they can use copy/paste but we don’t recommend it. It’s better to create a new one and fill results manually. Press the table button on the toolbar. The Table Properties dialog window that will open lets you set configuration options that define table size, its display properties, or other advanced properties.
Below is an overview of all Table Properties tab elements:
• Rows – the number of rows in the table (obligatory).
• Columns – the number of columns in the table (obligatory).
• Width – the width of the table in pixels or a percent value. Giving the width as a percent value lets you set the proportion of the editing area that the table will occupy.
• Height – the height of the table in pixels.
• Headers – the drop-down list that formats certain table cells as headers, which applies special formatting to them. You can apply header formatting to First Row, First Column or Both.
• Border size – the thickness of the table border in pixels.
• Alignment – the alignment of the table on the page. The following options are available: Left, Center, Right.
• Cell spacing – the space between individual cells as well as cells and table borders, in pixels.
• Cell padding – the space between the cell border and its contents, in pixels.
• Caption – the label of the table that is displayed on top of it.
• Summary – the summary of the table contents that is available for assistive devices like screen readers.
Note: 1 pixel (px) is approximatively equal to 0.30 millimeter (mm).
With the ELN Chemistry plugin , users can design chemical reaction which can be integrated in book pages, reporting, reused and changed if needed (see chapter 5-1-3).
1-1. Save action and automatic backup
When you are drafting your work, and you change the page or book without saving your current work, the LabCollector ELN warns you with this message.
An automatic backup of your changes (every 30 seconds) and a manual backup are also accessible until you save or cancel your new experiment or page. At the bottom of your text editor, you can find both buttons: to backup now and to restore backup.
You can preview saved snapshots before restoring them and remove them.