How do I install and configure I-Collector Client App?
I-Collector Client App helps you to retrieve files from any lab instrument effortlessly.
It provides a unified file transmission system for all computers that receive results from instruments and which are inside and outside of the network.
- Note that this I-Collector Client App is different from the I-Collector Core
- I-Collector Client helps you to retrieve any files transferred from your instrument to the computer and pass it on to the I-Collector Core system.
- I-Collector Core (middleware) automatically parses the files received from I-Collector Client App.
- These parsed files are then forwarded to LabCollector (any modules or add-ons)
To use I-Collector Client you can download the app from your LabCollector client area
After downloading you need to follow below steps:-
1. Installing I-Collector Client Application
2. Configuring I-Collector Client Application
1. Installing I-Collector Client App
To configure the I-Collector Client App, you need to follow the below steps.
- After downloading the I-Collector App in your computer the exe file will look like below:-
- Once you click on the exe setup file the below pop-up will open where you need to agree to the license terms and conditions.
Then click on install.
- Once the installation is finished you will see the below pop-up where you need to click on “Finish”.
- Once you click on the finish you will be able to see an I-Collector Client App shortcut on your desktop.
2. Configuring I-Collector Client App
- Right click on the “I-Collector shortcut” on your desktop and click on “run as administrator”.
NOTE: You will get a notification saying I-Collector Client App configuration is not defined.
- The computer will prompt you if you need to allow the I-Collector Client App to do changes. You need to select “Yes”.
- On the right-hand down-corner of your computer, right-click on the I-Collector App and then click on open.
- You will see the below pop-up where you will need to put the password: AgileBio2019
- The I-Collector Client App will open, where you need to click on the “Setup” icon.
- When you click on “Setup” the setup page will open where you need to configure all settings.
A) SFTP “SSH File Transfer Protocol” username will be provided by AgileBio.
B) You need to provide an administrator user/pass in order to run this software with high permission by clicking on .
C) Here it will be an Alias that will be provided by AgileBio.
D) Here you need to define the desired folder but with the permission full control for everyone”.
E) This “action” bar will provide you with 3 options to “Move”, “Delete” and do “Nothing” with the target folder.
F) If you select the “Move” option in the E point then you need to define the target folder you want to move your files into by clicking the icon.
G) You need to “check” both the boxes in order to load with windows startup and to disable the lock screen function.
- If you see I-Collector Client App has “Stopped” running, like in the below image. Click on the “Stopped” red bar like below.
- Click on “Yes” to enable VSS.
Volume Shadow Copy Service or VSS is a technology included in Microsoft Windows that can create backup copies or snapshots of computer files or volumes, even when they are in use.
Hence, you need to enable it.
- Once you click on YES, wait for a few minutes or close and reopen the I-Collector Client App.
You will see that it is running.
- Please read the KB for an overview of our middleware I-Collector.
- Check our KB content on how do I change parameters in I-Collector.