How does LabCollector interface look like?
To explain how LabCollector interface look like.
- 1. This is the search button. You can search for any record name.
- 2. This is the button to search for any barcode in LabCollector.
*Please read the KB for more information on how to generate Barcodes in LabCollector.
- 3. By clicking the LabCollector icon you can go back to the LabCollector homepage (if you are inside a module, add-on, or any other setting).
- 4. These icons represent the settings in LabCollector.
– 4.1 Modules: this will give you quick access to all the modules and the add-ons.
– 4.2 Tools
– 4.3 Preferences
– 4.4 Admin: This will allow you to configure settings for data, storage, users and others.
- 5. This part provides you access to ‘Help’, ‘Alerts’, and your login profile.
– 5.1 Help: This will give you access to the manuals, knowledgeBase (KB), to open any ticket for the issue you are facing or to even suggest a new feature in LabCollector.
*For Manual click the link
*For knowledgeBase click the link
*For support click the link
– 5.2 Alerts: this will show alerts to any reagent or samples are at minimum quantities or equipment that are out of warranty or contract or any data that needs validation.
*Alerts will be only seen after you activate the alert options for each record or equipment or reagents.
* Click the links to see how to create alerts for each of them.
– 5.3 Profile: This will show you your profile settings. After you modify your setup in LabCollector you profile will be seen various options.
– The profiles name can what you keep, for example, we have kept super admin.
- 6. This is where all your modules will be visible for the first time. (NEW v6.0: You can change the panels look in LabCollector as you like, please refer to this KnowledgeBase)
– There are 14 modules (the blue icons) that are present in LabCollector by default.
– You can also make your custom module (green) is you want.
* See all the KnowledgeBases in Module category.
- 7. This is where all your add-ons will be visible for the first time. (NEW v6.0: You can change the panels look in LabCollector as you like, please refer to this KnowledgeBase)
– You can add or install any new add-on that you require by clicking on the ‘Add new” icon.
* See all the KnowledgeBases in Add-ons category.
- 8. This is where your links will be visible.
– This can be linked to important websites like storage-accessories from LabCollector or any site you use often in your lab, any bioinformatic tools site, etc.
- 9. Here you can see all the posts and even browse for a specific post.
– It is like a chat system, where you can add new messages as posts.
– You can select the group of users whom you want the message/post to be seen by.
– Once you update the message it will look like this.
- 10. News feed: Here you can observe the news from LabCollector, for example, new versions of add-ons, new custom modules, a new mobile app for LabCollector, etc.
– You can even select a custom RSS feed if you require it. Please check this KnowledgeBase to see how to add the Custom feed.
- Read our manual on LabCollector.
- Check our KB on LabCollector general setup.
- Read more on what are records
- Read more on how a module looks like?