How to move a whole installation to a new Windows server?
Applies to installations done with our automatic installer, LabCollector Server Manager.
Follow this steps:
- 1/ Install LabCollector with the automatic installer on the new Windows machine (see KB about windows installation using set-up wizard.).
- IMPORTANT: Before moving the mysql data the servers need to be switched off.
- Copy mysql/data/lab[collector] from the old to the new server (on other name if you have customized the lab name)
- Also transfer www/lab[colletor]/documents /extra_modules, /files, and /maps to the new server location
- If the old installation was an older version than on the new one, execute http://computer_name/instance_name/upgrade.php to level up the old database to the current version.
NOTE: you may need to purchase an upgrade option.