I’m able to add a new job with no problems but when I try to start it I can’t do it. The following error appears: Error loading XML document: data/bl/bl-job.php. What’s the problem?
That error is usually caused by a slow performance and timeout.
If you use LabCollector on a local network, we recommend modifying the “hosts” file.
The hosts file is located in a few different places depending on your operating system:
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8: c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc
- Linux: /etc/hosts
- Mac OS X: /etc/hosts
Copy and paste this (replace computer name by yours):
Save the modifications
In some case (Windows), to edit the hosts file you need to change the permissions:
- Right click the hosts file and select “Properties”
- Click the security tab
- Highlight your user account in the list
- Press the edit button
- Select (place a check in) Full control
- Press ok in the various dialogue boxes to confirm changes