Transfer your LabCollector to a new MAC
When changing MAC, you can easily transfer LabCollector (when using MAM server).
Usually new MacOS will not support an old MAMP 1 installation, so you cannot move the MAMP folder.
– Install a new LabCollector MAMP on the new Mac following normal new or demo installation
– Once the clean new LabCollector is running well, STOP MAMP
– With all MAMP turned OFF, move old database to the new MAMP. It should be in folder MAMP/db/MySQL (replace the clean new by the old database)
– If old and new dabase folder do not have the same name, rename the old one to match the new installation
– Start new MAMP
– In the browser call the upgrade page:
where XXXX is the URL of the new server.
– Choose the appropriate upgrade action