Whats inside ELN Page?
The page in ELN offers you various options that allow you to link LabCollector data, create graphs, diagrams, attach associated files and validation by signing page. This helps you to replace paper lab notebook with many more functionalities. The contents of the page are explained below.
1. You will see a tab where you can add another page, see the page history (who did the last changes), duplicate the page, to print the page or if you want to download a zip file containing PDF + Attached file. (check out more in our ELN Manual page 33)
2. This option allows you to add content to your page using the rich text editor (Check our KB on the rich text editor). You can add your protocols, your results, your sample organization in well plates, any result images, etc.
When you are editing the content section make sure you save it. generally, an automatic backup of your changes in content (every 30 seconds) and a manual backup are also accessible until you save or cancel your new experiment or page.
At the bottom of your text editor, you can find both buttons: to backup now and to restore the backup.
3. The Flatspreadsheet helps you make quick calculations and basic record keeping. You can click on the “edit” option to insert data in the graph. For example, you can keep your readings for MTT assay, plate reader, or simple graphs for growth curves, etc. (check out more in our ELN Manual page 50). Example like below image representing MTT assay graph.
4. This option allows you to connect to the LabCollector data. This makes your data more organized where you can link records with the specific sample information or antibody or any reagents required to perform the protocol. (check our LB on how to link Labcollector data.)
5. The infographic tool allows you to create scientific illustrations. Check our Kb on how to use Mind the Graph.
6. The Zoho spreadsheet tool that allows you to edit the graph with excel functionalities. Initially, you will have to install the Zoho spreadsheet. Check out how to use and install the Zoho spreadsheet on our ELN Manual page 15-17.
7. The diagram designer helps you create diagrams or scientific illustrations easily (for example the below image). When you click on the icon before diagram designer it gives you various options to quickly draw shapes and also allows you to show grid to make your diagrams more aligned and organized. (Check our ELN manual for more information on diagram designer in our ELN Manual page 56-59.)
8. The associated file option helps you to attach any relevant file connected to the protocol. For example, if you created an excel sheet with a lot of result graphs, if you have created diagrams using adobe illustrator files or any relevant antibody datasheet, protocol specifications, result files, raw data files, etc. Any relevant file can be attached here. It brings all your data in one place in ELN. When you click on manage, you can easily drag and drop the files you want and save them. Check our ELN manual for more information on associated files on our page 56-59.
9. Admin validation required allows your supervisor you validate the information inside the page. If you have assigned workflows (Read our KB for workflows for the page then they generally require validation from the supervisor. The settings for this part is in Admin–> Page–> Page validation & signing. You require a digital certificate installed (see our KB on the digital certificate) to have this option “ON”, otherwise, you will not be able to sign and close the page without admin validation. Check our ELN manual for more information on signing our page 77-79.
10. Page status and signatures allow you to sign and change the status of the page. Page status can be open (can be edited) or closed (no more editing can be done). Read the ELN manual on electronic signatures. The settings for this can be found in Admin–> Page–> Page validation & signing/ Page signing. Check our ELN manual for more information on the signing page on our page 77-79.
11. This option allows you to see who created and modified the page.
12. This option provides you the possibility to sign and close the page.
*It important to note that after closing the page cannot be modified anymore.